VISA NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN FALL SEMESTER, 2020
***** CHU guideline for 14-day quarantine*****
Students who are eligible for entry, must carefully follow the guidelines below.
1. Contact CHU International Admission office about your intention of studying at CHU by logging in https://apply.chu.edu.tw/#.
(1)CHU already submitted the list of new students to the Ministry of Education and the overseas representative offices of the Taiwan government. Once approved, students can contact the Taipei Representative Office near you to apply for the visa to study in Taiwan. Please do not make any financial commitment until you acquire the visa to study in Taiwan.
(2) After you obtain Taiwan Visa, book a flight ticket departing at least 2 weeks after and apply for the Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate.
Each of you must inform CHU International Office with flight information that is departing at least 2 weeks after (Taiwan's Ministry of Education needs at least 2 weeks to issue an Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate). Please upload a copy of your passport (main page and Taiwan visa page), and electronic flight ticket. If you have any questions, please email to email@example.com.
(3) International students, who are allowed to enter Taiwan, are strongly advised to arrive before August 21st (incl.) if you would like to stay in CHU school dormitories for 14-day quarantine. If you arrive between August 18th~August 21st, the dormitory fees for 14-day quarantine is waived. Students just need to pay approx. 8,000NTD – 10,000NTD for daily meals, electricity bills, beddings and necessities.
CHU school dormitories will remain available for new incoming students starting their study from 2020 fall semester only, who arrive on or later than August 21nd (incl.). For this purpose, students have to pay dormitory fees 11,200NTD for 14-day quarantine (i.e. 800NTD per day), plus 8,000NTD – 10,000NTD for daily meals, electricity bills, beddings and necessities.
If CHU dormitory is all occupied, you will then need to book a quarantine hotel on your own expenese. The quarantine hotel fee is around 2300NTD-2500NTD (per person/ per room) or more (include three meals) for each day.
For information about isolation/quarantine hotels, please refer to: https://taiwan.taiwanstay.net.tw/covhotel/
(4) To avoid airline change and cancellation, students are strongly recommended to fly with EVA Air (BR) and China Airlines (CI), the major Taiwanese airline companies.
(5) Students must wait to receive an Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate issued by email from CHU, print it out, and bring the certificate along with you at your flight date. Otherwise; you will NOT be able to enter Taiwan.
(6) In case of flight change or cancellation, students must contact CHU International Office as soon as possible (At least 4 days before your flight), in order for CHU to re-issue a new Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate. Without the correct flight schedule on the certificate you will not be able to enter Taiwan. Once again, failing to do so, students will be deported right away.
2. On the date of the flight:
(1)If your flight is delayed, you MUST inform CHU International Office as soon as possible.
(2)After checking in airline counter, if you have a Taiwan cell phone SIM Card, then you will be able to log into the Quarantine System for Entry, fill in a health declaration form and accurately provide your travel and contact history. If not, wait until you arrive at Taiwan airport to buy a SIM Card.
(3)Time to board the flight, you MUST notify CHU International Office.
3. When landing at Taiwan airport:
(1) If you do have a Taiwan SIM Card, turn on your mobile phone and make sure you have internet connection. You should receive a confirmation message from the Quarantine System for Entry and show it to the staff at the quarantine counter.
(2) If you do NOT have a Taiwan SIM Card, 2 steps to go:
(A)Purchase the SIM Card with internet service at the Telecom counter before the entry of quarantine counter (1,000NTD for 30days SIM Card).
(B)Fill in the Quarantine System for Entry and after you received a confirmation message show it to the staff at the quarantine counter.
(3) If you show/ have symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving at the airport, you will be moved to a quarantine facility immediately.
(4) Right after you have your Taiwan SIM Card, contact CHU International Office’s stuff as soon as possible!!!
(5) At the Immigration, please present your passport with your visa, and Overseas Student Entry Permit Certificate issued by CHU.
(6) Claim your baggage
(7) After entering the Arrival Hall, immediately and directly report to Overseas Students Reception Counter (Do Not Miss It !!! / see the picture below) CHU staff will meet you at the counter. (Do not go to the bathroom, buy food or drinks or currency exchange, etc.)
(8) Students must report to Overseas Students Reception Counter first and school representative will arrange taxis to take you to your hotel for quarantine. Taxi fee is on your own expense around 1,000NTD. (By the regulation public transportation is not allowed)
If you do not report to Overseas Students Reception Counter right after you arrive at the arrival hall, you will be fined 100,000NTD - 1,000,000NTD.
4.When arriving at your quarantine facilities:
(1) Join CHU int students LINE groups
(2) Do NOT come out of your room for 14 days. Meals and necessities will be delivered. If you purchase a Taiwan SIM Card at the airport, please make sure you also purchase internet service. You should bring a WIFI router if you wish to share your phone's WIFI connection to multiple devices.
(3) Check your body temperature twice per day and stay in touch with CHU staff. (Prepare your own thermometer)
(4) Answer phone calls from the Taiwan Centers for Disease Control to report your personal health condition every day.
(5) Taiwan's government has a very strict law for quarantine. If you break the rule, you will be fined 200,000NTD - 1,000,000NTD.